NCLEX…that is the end result we are all gunning for. While you get a sense of relief when you graduate you get an even BIGGER sense of relief when you PASS THE NCLEX! It was the best and strangest feeling ever to see Registered Nurse, Active and an RN# by my name…and when I updated my resume with the coveted “RN” credentials I had to pinch myself! There is an end people, I promise and it is delicious!
People I graduated with keep asking me what I did to prepare and if I took a review course so here’s my answer:
To prepare I did probably 30-60 questions a day for a week and a half prior. They’re not lying when they say you can’t study content…its way to broad. I did questions to practice strategy and that, I believe, was my saving grace. I used the Kaplan 2013-2014 NCLEX Review book and that was it. The day before my exam I looked at NOTHING nursing related, just tried to chill.
As far as review courses go, my philosophy was this: My school included the cost of the exam in our tuition so I didn’t have to come up with $200 out of pocket. If I had spent $400-500 for a review course, taken the exam and passed it I would have instantly wondered if I’d have passed without it, if it was a waste of money. I’d rather spend $600-700 and NEED to than $400-500 and not. Make sense? Have faith in the fact that you know more than you think you do! The critical thinking skills are there!
So that was that, I got up that Tuesday morning and reported at 0730 for my 0800 test. At 0930 and at the infamous question #75 my screen went dark and I walked out thinking I was the biggest dumbass in the world and that there was no way I passed. I went home anxious to do the “Pearson Vue Trick” and got the GOOD pop up, but that wasn’t good enough for me. I waited until Thursday morning at 10am for the “ELIGIBLE TO TEST” to change to “ACTIVE” and when it did I was in utter disbelief. It was OVER!! And now…finding a job!!
- lorrie60 likes this
- maddiekaye11 likes this
- mihoriel likes this
- fit-healthy-drea27 likes this
- discolemonkayy likes this
- danadamarie reblogged this from nurslinglife
- jasminemarieee likes this
- kelseyjoyce reblogged this from nurslinglife
- sweetenoughalready likes this
- vicdix13 likes this
- half-married reblogged this from nurslinglife
- aayeemcee reblogged this from nurslinglife
- chvzsipin likes this
- corix3marie reblogged this from nurslinglife
- navynurse14 likes this
- genuhhveeve likes this
- asituationrises likes this
- dialysisgirlbecomesanrn likes this
- mycecile2013 likes this
- mahoneybaloney-rn likes this
- nursingfinds reblogged this from nursegenie
- nursingfinds likes this
- nursegenie reblogged this from nurslinglife
- thisernurse likes this
- exceptionallove likes this
- boomer529 reblogged this from nurslinglife
- boomer529 likes this
- nurslinglife posted this